Earthquake Repair and Reconstruction
The earthquakes of April 25 and May 12, 2015, caused damage to varying degrees to IBA, leaving two buildings unsafe, while another two are still in a usable condition.
The list below outlines the main repairs that need to be made in order to ensure everyone’s safety and the continued use of the buildings.
Amounts are in US$, based on an average exchange rate of US$1 = NRs100.
1. Main shrine room ceiling (started) 25,000
2. Boundary wall (started) 12,000
3. Main gate reconstruction 30,000
4. Repair of half the courtyard verandah 15,000
5. Rebuilding of inner entrance gate 9,000
6. New pillars to be built in order to separate buildings from each other 7,000
7. Replacing solar water heating tanks and panels 6,000
8. Plumbing repairs 8,000
9. Electrical system repairs 10,000
10. Repairing all cracked walls and plaster 7,000
11. Repairing 5 support columns 8,000
12. Retro fitting (column jacketing) and shear walling two badly damaged buildings 80,000
13. Guttering 11,000
14. Painting 15,000
Allowing for miscellaneous unforeseen repairs, as well as for underestimating the actual costs, the final total may be around US$450,000. IBA depends on the generous donations of our friends and supporters and we ask if you could kindly email email@example.com with any queries concerning the repair and reconstruction if IBA.
We have already received NRs200 lakh and sincerely thank all those who have generously donated. We deeply appreciate your kindness and support.